Bombay Sapphire World's Most Imaginative Bartender is a global mixology competition with the 2014 finals taking place in Las Vegas. The Washington, DC portion took place at Jack Rose and was partially sponsored by the US Bartender's Guild DC Chapter. The judges were all knowledgeable people who have great careers in industry.
Each cocktail highlighted a different element of the gin as well as each individual bartender's creativity. Trevor Fyre, Beverage Director, Jack Rose was crowned the winner with his cocktail - "The Den of the Night".
The Den of the Night
- 2 parts BOMBAY SAPPHIRE Gin
- 1 part Honeysuckle Rosemary Syrup
- 0.75 part Clarified Lemon and Black Peppercorn Juice
- 2 dashes House-Made Hop and Grapefruit Bitters
- House Made Amer Picon Rinse
- 1 Edible Honeysuckle Petal
Rinse a chilled martini glass with house made Amer Picon. Combine first four ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake. Double strain into chilled, Amer Picon rinsed martini glass. Garnish with floating edible honeysuckle petal.